Pages

February 25, 2012

WAFFLES AND LIGHT


...But not light waffles.

We added zizzed-up oats! I liked the flavor it added to the waffles, but I think we still have a few steps past buttermilk to get the Ultimate Crispy Waffle.


The packaging said the bacon small pork chops were a special, inherited Bavarian recipe.




I don't know if I buy into that, but they were very satisfying to eat.




(Had to get a glamour shot of Mrs. B...)


Actually, it was a pretty glamorous breakfast because we had mimosas, too. Everyone knows that Asti + Mrs. Butterworth's = unparalleled dining refinement.


Even though I grew up in Central NY where there is no dearth of good, real maple syrup, I might still prefer the fake stuff... Like when it comes to peanut butter, I just don't want to choose the healthier, more mature option.


Despite the mostly cold, gray skies, that harsh kind of winter light reflecting off of last night's snow flurries infused some of my photographs with this fuzzy glow (see bacon above).


It made everything seem a little bit warmer. (Thanks guys!)

No comments:

Post a Comment